Sunday, December 17, 2006

Moving Home

Hi all,

Wow what a few weeks.

I've moved home and now come the spending times! Damn it blows!

I know this is a completely silly idea and would never happen but wouldn't be nice if previous owners of houses were responsible for inbuilt facilities (plumbing, oven, hob, radiators, etc) for several months after a purchase. Let me tell you why, we move in and here's the list of stuff gone wrong or needed action:
  • New locks, previous owner left us 1 key...(plus didn't want her coming back!)
  • New Fridge
  • New Washing machine
  • New Oven
  • Boiler system (probably pump) is screwed, radiators don't work
  • Soon to be new windows, as no keys were left from them and most of them don't open properly or look rotten! :(
The new people get landed with huge costs in one month! especially painful because we're first time buyers. I can completely understand now why moving home is the most stressful time in a persons life.

Now I'm officially skint, it's Christmas! - talk about salt in the wounds.

That aside, my wife and I live close to what we consider to be our best friends and their wonderful family who have helped at the drop of a hat....thank you!, on top of that after all these new/services facilities we will be worry free and guarantee in hand for a few years.

Onward and, well one can go upward!

Stay safe

No comments: